Great question. A new website will come with costs and a transition process, so it’s important to think through the decision carefully. The Ashford Creative team is always here to help, and our commitment is to help you make the right decision, not just sell you something you don’t need.
A few events or specific needs often drive a decision to build a new website:
- Is the company or business brand new? Is an existing business starting a new business line?
- Has the business changed significantly from the time the current site was created?
- Is the company significantly changing its brand? Is a rebranding exercise underway?
- Are new offerings like ecommerce on the horizon?
- Is your website more than 5 years old? 3 years?
- Are your interaction metrics (site views, bounce rate, average session time, etc.) subpar?
- Have customers or others complained that the site is difficult to navigate?
- Are you not seeing the amount of leads coming through the site as you’d like? Has the lead generation engine dropped off dramatically?
If the answers to any of these questions is yes, then it’s worthwhile investigating a new website. All of the issues raised in the questions above can be addressed through a new site presence. Keep in mind that even as newer digital media platforms like Facebook and Google pages have grown in popularity, the website is still the central hub of any company’s digital presence. We like to call it a “digital home plate.” It sets the tone and brand of the company and provides the detailed information that a new visitor would need to get to know your company. Many social media campaigns like Facebook advertising and Google Ads will drive customers to your site.
It’s also important to point out that it’s not just the front end, look and feel, or user experience aspects of the site that play a role. While those are all critical, it’s just as important to optimize the site for organic search results and embed tracking tools like a Facebook pixel and a Google Tag. These mechanisms help you track all the important metrics and maximize traffic to the site.
We’re here to help, and we can assess your needs free of charge. Contact us today for a free consultation.